Wade Barnes, MD
Board Certified – American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Barnes was born in Atlanta (GA) in 1948. He attended public schools in Atlanta, and graduated from Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in 1971, with a BS degree in Applied Biology. He received his medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia (Augusta, GA), and completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Florida – Jacksonville Health Education Program (Jacksonville, FL) in 1978, prior to starting his private practice. He is a founding partner of North Florida OB/GYN.
He is married to Nancy Geerlings Barnes and has three children (Harrison, Margaux and Hampton) and two step-children (Chip and Allison). Hobbies include reading, history and travel.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, District XII ACOG Safety Committee
- Florida Medical Association
- Duval Medical Society (Life Member)
- Courtesy Clinical Professor, Department of OB/GYN, University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville Health Science Center
- Medical Director, Sexual Assault Forensic Exam Program for Duval, Nassau & Baker County.
- Leadership Jacksonville Class of 1995, President of its’ Board of Directors in 1999.
- Serves on the FSCJ Foundation Board of Directors and has served as its' Chairman on two separate occasions.
Dr. Barnes has been active with the Georgia Tech Alumni Association, having served as a Trustee of the Alumni Association, Jacksonville Network President (twice), Regional Presidents Scholarship Chair, and Jacksonville Network Scholarship Chair. He has helped raise more than 7 million dollars for scholarships. He presently serves on the Georgia Tech College of Science Board of Advisors and the Georgia Tech School of Biology Board of Advisors.
Giving back to our community is the greatest legacy we can leave to the world.